Last year in the formation stages of Switchboard Consulting it was business coaching that I was inspired by. I soon realized that although I have accumulated academic and practical business experience, coupled with lay counselling and psychology honors, coaching had its own distinct flavor. Like the curious being I am I went on a hunt for coaching training and fortuitously discovered wearethirdpace.org and embarked on a 12 month Professional Coaching Course and now I am an Integral Development Coach – yes please, Namaste !
I have a description I would like to share with you that I wrote over the year:
“ I have always been fascinated by the mind, body and soul and the connection between them. I had loosely placed the brain, emotions and heart in-between. I have also always experienced that correlations are happening on many layers and between many activators or at least been an advocator that assessing any situation needs to happen taking into consideration all areas of influence. Integral Coaching has provided me a key to the world that I was unsure of but sensed was locked or maybe a better more apt word is blocked or even better veiled. It has been revealed – no other way now.
- Integral coaching has connected my veins with the world “
All these words and what actually does this integral development coach offer ?
- I offer time together so we can work through the business of being human.
Our journey starts with an area in your life that is causing discomfort and declaring that you are interested in exploring a better way of being. These areas could be overwhelming anger; struggles to take time for yourself; needing to be clearer and more assertive at work; decision making and a challenging relationship with your child to site a few.
You bring this area to me and we move through the following :
- Intake: Exploring the Topic (1.5 hours)
- I will spend time being very curious about you and how the coaching topic is present in your life.
- First Coaching Conversation (1.5 hours)
- Introduction and agreement of the coaching development program that I have uniquely created.
- Coaching Conversations (1 hour each; 10 sessions)
- We meet/zoom every 10-14 days to reflect, converse and be in conversation. The conversations could include: a traditional word exchange; settling and grounding exercises, breath work and somatic practices. There will always be invitations for deep listening and presence.
- Finale Conversation (1 hour)
- Review progress and decide on future plans as well as celebrate and honour our journey.
What do I work with?
- Integral Development Coaching models including the 4 domains, 6 streams and 10 Ways of Being as well as the Enneagram.
- Self-refection exercises & practices.
- Poems, music, books, videos , podcast resources, images and all those lovelies that stimulate our being.
My physical and zoom doors are officially open !
Ponder this exquisite statement:
“Your conflicts, all the difficult things, the problematic situations in your life are not chance or haphazard, they’re actually yours. They’re specifically yours designed specifically for you by a part of you that loves you more than anything else. That part of you that loves you more than anything else has created roadblocks to lead you to yourself. You’re not going to go in the right direction, unless there’s something pricking you in the side telling you look here, this way.
That part of you loves you so much that it doesn’t want you to lose the chance. It will go to extreme measures to wake you up. It will make you suffer greatly if you don’t listen. What else can it do? That’s its purpose.”
— A H Almaas